BIMobject® is pleased to invite young designers enrolled on a design and architecture course and emerging professionals within the Architecture and Design field to participate in the BIMobject Flow / Space Competition 2015. BIMobject freely distributes high-quality digital replicas of manufactured products from various branches and industries through a cloud based catalogue. This event will recognise creative ideas using BIM objects in BIM applications.
There has been an explosion of new shopping centres with inspiring interior design features, and these boundaries are being pushed all the time. The centre owners recognise planning of the public space as a vital factor in order to establish a good reputation for creating a loyal clientele. In order to make people feel comfortable and willing to stay longer; design, creativity and accommodation to the customer’s needs are key. Addressing and controlling the flow of spaces make people discover all parts of the shopping centre, therefore all retail locations within the centre are attractive.
11-inch MacBook Air
One Leaf Lamp Pendant 80, design by Peter Schumacher
16 GB iPad mini 2 with Wi-Fi
The design must be based from the template available from the BIMobject Portal:
- Choose a target audience, the shopping centre’s theme and brand name
- Use at least one of Green Furniture Concept’s sustainable products
- Only BIM objects from the BIMobject Portal can be used
- Write a concept summary in english. Summarise the design concept and describe how the project addresses the competition (no more than 250 words). Include your name, profession, country of residence, contact information and target audience, the shopping centre's theme and brand name. Attach as a .pdf
- Submit your design as either IFC, BIMx or Revizto and your .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by transferring it through wetransfer.com
- Mark your .pdf file and project file with the same title
Entries will be judged on merit based on the premises of flow, space and the atmosphere around gathering places. All the participant´s Flow / Space projects will be published at Click here
The winners will be announced on March 13th, 2015
Submissions must be completed no later than February 27th, 2015, 23.59 CEST (GMT+1).
The competition is open for young designers enrolled on a design and/or architecture course and emerging professional within the Architecture and Design field (under 5 years within their professional).
Proposals should be developed and submitted individually.
Entrants must be 18 and over.
Ben O’Donnell, Architect & CTO of BIMobject AB
Brice Harel, Architect & Digital Content Manager of BIMobject AB
Johan Berhin, Designer & Founder of Green Furniture Concept
- BIMobject® reserve the right to publish the projects on the BIMobject.com Portal and other channels, as well as to re-publish them in the future.
- Green Furniture Concept reserve the rights to use all the pictures created for the competition for marketing purposes, freely and without cost.
- Projects will be presented under the names of their creator included within the BIMobject® Flow/Space competition.